[TYPO3-v4] Migrating TYPO3 core to git.typo3.org commencing soon

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Thu Feb 10 10:56:21 CET 2011

Hello,

Am 10.02.2011 10:06, schrieb Steffen Kamper:
> Hi,
>
> i have a pragmatic question: What is if a patch should go to many
> branches? Or, how to handle all the branches like 4_5, 4_4, 4_3 etc?

This is something that will be included in the "howto" ASAP.

> Another issue will be that after migrate we will loose many public
> contributers which are familar with svn but not git. Core members get a
> special training, but contributors not. I guess we need a tutorial like
> "TYPO3 GIT for Dummies"

The FLOW3/v5 folks already have some guidance:

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-forge/wiki/Working_with_Git_and_Gerrit
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-forge/wiki/Working_with_Gerrit_as_a_Reviewer

this matter has been discused and we'll come up with some help of course.

Greets,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag