[TYPO3-v4] Migrating TYPO3 core to git.typo3.org commencing soon

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Feb 9 11:54:30 CET 2011

Hi,

> I'm happy to see this happening and as I already told Peter and
> Sebastion on T3DD10 I'd love to help out with testing if that's required.
>
> On the other hand I'm a bit disappointed that extensions are handled
> with low prio. Extensions are as important for TYPO3 as Core
> improvements and handling them with low prio is imho not a good signal.

This is not the signal we wanted to give (and Ernesto already twitted
about this right now :D) but we are concentrating on moving the Core to
git, there's a few challenges to make it work smoothly and we have to
make sure people dealing with core can keep on contributing as they do
currently.

After that we will find a good way to help projects migrate to git if
they want to.

Cheers
Xavier