[TYPO3-v4] Core performance for 4.6 and beyond

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Feb 8 08:58:37 CET 2011

Hi,

Thanks for your explanations.

> Maybe we should write some more sentences in the 'quickstart' or
> 'introduction' part about why and under which circumstances the cf
> currently gives a benefit for existing installations.

We certainly could, at least until we have a true performance guide,
which is also a manual that I would really to see added to our library.

But what to add? One of my questions remains: it seems that just turning
the new caching framework on is not so interesting. One needs to have at
least other backends than the default ones (DB, file). Is that true? If
yes, what is recommended? Which backend are good for what and which are
easier to install than others (I'm not much of a server guy; I'm in a
situation where I need information to delegate tasks to our partner
hosting services)?

Francois Suter