[TYPO3-v4] Minutes from the first meeting of the release team after 4.5.0 release

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Thu Feb 3 22:00:58 CET 2011

Hi,

On 02.02.11 21:41, Ernesto Baschny wrote:

> Most errors are browser specific and the reason is as usual with Ajax
> and a complex ExtJS stack difficult to spot. On the day before the
> release Steffen Kamper, Ernesto, Stefan Galinski and Helmut Hummel tried
> hard to solve it. Main issue was that some browsers (FF 4 beta, Opera,
> Safari) would split up the ExtDirect request in two different calls.
> Steffen feels that "something was fixed" but cannot recall exactly.

I can help out here ;)

We fixed a problem with the HTML code containing nested <form> tags,
which lead to the strange double requests in some browsers.

So this problem had nothing to do with ExtJs, but with malformed HTML
which has always been handled differently by different browsers. Firefox
3.x for example automatically stripped the nested form tag (that was one
reason, why it was not visible in Firebug).

> He
> will further check and see if we can narrow down the source of it. Maybe
> bringing more ExtJS experts to debug that would help.

Without looking again into it, I expect the remaing problems also be of
that kind and not beeing "real" ExtJs problems.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel