[TYPO3-v4] A "big cleanup" umbrella issue?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Feb 1 18:06:13 CET 2011

Steffen Kamper schrieb am 01.02.2011 14:52:
> Hi,
>
> Am 01.02.2011 14:44, schrieb François Suter:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I was wondering if we should open an issue on bugs.typo3.org called
>> something like "The big cleanup" and make all cleanup related issues as
>> children of it, to have an overview. Ernesto already did something
>> similar for the Upgrade Wizard.
>>
>> I thought about that when stumbling upon the very old and deprecated
>> $LANG_GENERAL_LABELS global array. Just an example...
>>

> i would split this up into general issues
>
> * removing old vars
> * removing deprecated functions
> * continue of splitting classes (like t3lib_div)
>
> this would make it a bit more transparent, otherwise we have a monster
> issue where you could put any issue in.

I think this is what Francois meant. Different individual issues (which
will make different RFCs at different times), but all having a single
entry issue (a "parent") where all are referenced so that at the end we
go to this one and see what's still open.

See my "umbrella issue" for the Upgrade Wizard for an example:

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=17353

There are already several stuff listed there that I have been noticing
in these days of upgrading sites. :)