[TYPO3-v4] PHP register_globals and Ticket#2011121510000044

Michael Stucki michael.stucki at typo3.org
Sat Dec 31 16:14:32 CET 2011

Hey Jigal,

> I agree. There is a check in the Install Tool and a check in the Reports
> module. If you desperately want to get yourself in trouble despite all
> the warnings, feel free to do so.

What is wrong with telling that we don't want to run on a server which
has register_globals enabled? I can't imagine a single reason why people
want to keep it turned on explicitely. But on the other hand, it might
save us from issues like those we had earlier this month.

I agree with all of you that such code needs to be fixed anyway, however
it is a safety precaution at no price, therefore I'm much in favour of
adding the die()...

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out