[TYPO3-v4] Request for comments: Separating password transmission from password comparison

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Wed Dec 28 13:04:15 CET 2011

Hi,

Am 22.12.11 20:33, schrieb Helmut Hummel:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to get this one into 4.7.
>
> https://review.typo3.org/5326
>
> It is currently blocked by Dimtry and Oliver ("do not submit").
>
> I answered to all concerns mentioned in the change request, but I
> happily answer any further question in this regard here.
>
> I think this is a good thing to have as it seriously cleans up the whole
> authentication process by delegating different concerns to differnet
> extensions and classes.

Thanks for your discussion on this topic and sharing the concerns. Since
the process of getting this issue or at least a modified patch into the
Core stopped, I am going to review, test and check other authentication
services that might be broken.

I agree that this change needs to be announced, which is possible during
the regular TYPO3 4.7 development phase. If we experience no other
issues and did not find any authentication services that were broken by
this change, we can consider back-porting to older TYPO3 branches - of
course with involving the accordant release managers.

You can expect my review by tomorrow.

olly
--
Oliver Hader