[TYPO3-v4] Minutes of the 14th meeting of the 4.6 Release Team

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Thu Aug 25 16:03:34 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 08/25/2011 10:39 AM, Xavier Perseguers wrote:
>>> As such, we think that it could be wise to create a branch but not for
>>> 4.6 but for "next TYPO3 version after master", leaving master being the
>>> official branch for the upcoming 4.6 version. This will allow new
>>> features to be committed while still concentrate on fixing bugs for 4.6.
>
>> Sorry, that makes no sense. Branch 4.6 or branch it not, but master is
>> always the head of development. Declaring it as not "the most recent
>> version" would cause just confusion IMHO.

I agree with Steffen here..

> Then we should have a clear strategy with Gerrit. I don't want it to
> become the new bug tracker where patches are waiting there for ages.
>
> What about some (manual) policy that a patch should be reviewed within a
> given timeframe? Otherwise it should go back to the bug tracker only.
> Thinking aloud here...

How about the possibility for some "gerrit managers" (or the core team
or ...) to abandon patches from others and a rule saying that patches
that have negative reviews and were not updated for 4 weeks can be
abandoned? That way you can clean the review system depending on the
patch "quality" and not only on the time frame because I think it's ok
if a patch without votes stays in gerrit (so maybe someone reviews it)
but I'm annoyed by the amount of patches with negative votes that are
neither updated nor abandoned.

Cheers,

Susi

--
What's worth the price is always worth the fight
Every second counts 'cause there's no second try

TYPO3 Core Team Member