[TYPO3-v4] TYPO3 FE JS/CSS Optimizer for 4.5 LTS

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Mon Aug 15 11:49:55 CEST 2011

Hi,

>> I've seen that TYPO3 4.6 will have the possibility
>> to use JS/CSS optimization for the FE also.
>>
>> Is there any chance to consider a back-port of this
>> FE optimizations for TYPO3 4.5 LTS also?
>
> Why should it be backported? It's a new feature and brings new TS
> options, thus it can't be backported. That's our policy.

Steffen G. is right, new features cannot be backported.

However, I must admit that from a community point of view, it could be
worth explaining once again exactly the policy of 4.5 LTS because as
somehow "outsider", one could have the feeling that 4.5 can have new
features as well because of the special LTS policy.

Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6