[TYPO3-v4] Card Layout behaviour survey

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 11 15:00:56 CEST 2011

Hi Kay,

On 11-8-2011 13:20, Kay Strobach wrote:
> Am 11.08.2011 12:42, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
>> With the feature freeze in effect for 4.6 this is not possible, so I
>> would reach the conclusion that for both versions the modules behave
>> like the 'old' situation and respond to changes in the page tree.
>
> As the feature is currently implemented to behave like tabs - this
> should be possible imho ;)

Just to be extra clear the current behaviour in 4.5 and before is:
- Open Page module and edit *page1*
- Open List module, go to *page2*
- Open Page module again, page module is opened on *page2*, unsaved
edits on *page1* are lost

Editors expect this behaviour and should not be confronted with changes
by default IMO.
The behaviour as independent tabs is a nice alternative and could be
introduced as a new feature (with a setting to activate it); of course
we need to create enough buzz about such new features.

> Always invalidating the cards would reduce the speed enhancement - so
> you would prefer the more intelegent invalidation method - correct?
> (Go to module root if other page is clicked?)

If another page is selected in the page tree the other modules should
indeed lose their state.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.