[TYPO3-v4] Introducing the "card layout" in 4.5

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 5 10:44:06 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 5-8-2011 9:08, Georg Ringer wrote:
> Am 04.08.2011 20:00, schrieb Helmut Hummel:
>> If this goes to the 4.5 LTS it has to be communicated properly, and
>> there should be a possibility to switch this behaviour off, or even
>> better, it must be off by default.

New behaviour is incorrect anyway (see below)

> IMO the current behaviour is a nogo and especially with a wrong
> behaviour. Example: Switch to page module and page1, switch to list
> module and page2, switch to page module>  The wrong page is highlighted
> in the tree.

This is indeed confusing. Switching modules only switches the content
part and the menu, leaving the page tree as it was. This means two things:

1. As Georg explained the wrong page in the pagetree is highlighted

2. You mostly want to switch modules with a pagetree connected to do
things with that module on the page you're working on. If you have to
switch to that page you lose time looking up that page in the tree and
you have to wait anyway for the module to load with that page. The total
result is that it costs extra time instead of saving time.

> My conclusion: Either make it properly or leave it default as it has been.

I don't see a use case for the new (broken) behaviour, so I would say
fix it or revert it.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.