[TYPO3-v4] Introducing the "card layout" in 4.5

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Aug 5 09:00:15 CEST 2011

François Suter schrieb am 05.08.2011 08:18:
> Hi Helmut,
>
>> 2. It changes the behaviour of the module switching somehow radically
>
> I didn't follow the topic very closely. After having played a bit with
> recent master, I couldn't see any drastic change, except for the
> wonderful performance improvement :-) What did I miss?

In the past, if you switch between Page and List module, you would have
been kept on the *same page* in the page tree. Or when you switch from
Page to View to preview the page you were editing before.

Now with the CardLayout when you switch, the modules shows the last
state it had, so you will have to click on the page tree once again
after switching.

This is what the editors are used to and *will* be very annoyed if
suddenly introduced in a patch level release.

So for all the "Web>" module, which rely on the current page ID for
showing their content, I would say that we *need* a compatibility
configuration option for having that in 4.5.x, where the Page-ID is
updated after switching to the card (thus reloading the module and
loosing the performance, but still maintaining the above mentioned feature).