[TYPO3-v4] Automatically enabled install tool

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Wed Aug 3 22:30:39 CEST 2011

Hi,

>> So I'd like to go the following way:
>> * revert the introduced change of commit
>> 8119a4c3bfb86e4a55bb5713d43fa5538e8eec6d
>
> No need to revert all changes there, as it introduces a "real" backend
> module which can be enhanced.
I also don't see a reason why everybody is so terrified and why this
change should be revert completely.

>> * modify the behaviour as suggested by Kay
>
> I would only do this, adding a confirmation before activation and also
> having a possibility to disable the install tool there.
I'm perfectly fine with this. Although I don't see a big problem with
having the Install Tool activated for one hour, it is in line with my
concern to finally move the management of the ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file
out of the user settings. It's just so misplaced there that I want to
run away instead of explaining sb. why it is located there (or start
crying..)

Kind regards
Steffen

--