[TYPO3-v4] TYPO3 v4.5 Ideas: New File Uploader

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu Apr 7 22:20:35 CEST 2011

Hi Kay,

Am 07.04.2011 21:46, schrieb Kay Strobach:
> Hey guys,
>
> i'm currently working on implementing plupload as extcomponent.
> In ter is a still buggy version of EXT:plupload which works with TYPO3
> 4.4 only. I will fix the last bugs to get it working with 4.5 in the
> next days ;)
>
> Is that interesting for you?

i today met with Christian Müller who did the try of plupload
implementation for 4.5.

The plan is the following: Christian will validate plupload and
awesomeuploader until next Thu and check if the crossbrowser problems
are solved.

Then we want to integrate a fileupload API first. This API should be
configurable and simple to use for any place in TYPO3 like file module,
tceforms etc.
There will also be hooks so any extension can plugin, also any extension
should be able to use it very easy.

This API will use "engines" which could be plupload, awesomeuploader,
flash uploader etc, so you can easy switch. Also extension can provide
own engine.

If you are interested, you may join the team and help to get this done
for 4.6. What do you think?

vg Steffen