[TYPO3-v4] Git / Gerrit, no more subversion, can we help?

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Thu Apr 7 09:56:31 CEST 2011

Hello Xavier,

having used svn for a long time now, it was really a mess to change all
workflows ;)
But after some time it is ok - using windows for mobile development,
using tortoisegit (like tortoisesvn before) makes live easy on windows ;)

As well some "tipps" don't work as expected ;)
Using http://wiki.typo3.org/Git_Clone works for the first clone.
Trying to update fails with

> You asked me to pull without telling me which branch you
> want to merge with, and 'branch.master.merge' in
> your configuration file does not tell me, either. Please
> specify which branch you want to use on the command line and
> try again (e.g. 'git pull <repository> <refspec>').
> See git-pull(1) for details.

These small problems slow down the migration ;)

Regards
Kay