[TYPO3-v4] Minutes from the 3rd meeting of the 4.6 Release Team

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 13:55:41 CEST 2011

Hi!

Oliver Hader wrote:
> ** Manage Reference Index =>  Update part, will be available from
>     Reports as a link but should be encapsulated or rewritten as a
>     scheduler task too

This does not seem right. "Reports" implies that it only shows data. Moving
"Update" there is not what the user would expect from reports. Reports are
static, displayable. Update is dynamic, it is action in the background.

>  Why would you either deactivate or delete some currently logged in
>    user? When you are being hacked? Then it should not be so prominent

We do it from time to time when editors do not work for a certain period of
time. It happens quite often.

> Xavier started to change the visibility of class member variables from
> var to public, private and protected [2].
>
> [2] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/25334

Wrong link.

> XLIFF vs. locallang.xml
> -----------------------
>
> In general "XLIFF" is the abbreviation of "XML Localization Interchange
> File Format". Since the current solution for translating language labels
> in TYPO3 is an individual solution which cannot be extended easily,
> there is one initiative to switch from the known locallang.xml structure
> to the XLIFF standard.

I see a danger in it. Since we cannot change old versions, it means that we
will have to keep two translation server around:
- for translating extensions in LLXML format for TYPO3 4.5 (which is LTS!)
- for translating extensions in XLIFF format

Also any extension that uses XLIFF become incompatible with earlier TYPO3
versions.

No idea how to solve that.

--
Dmitry Dulepov