[TYPO3-v4] How to apply change to lower branch in this case?

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sun Apr 3 15:23:07 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 03.04.2011 13:54, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
> Hi,
>
> I need to apply https://review.typo3.org/1448 to 4.4 also. When I fetch
> the change into 4_4 it reports success. There is however a file which
> exists in 4_5 and not in 4_4. After fetching the whole file
> (t3lib_utility_Command) is created and not reported as unversioned.
>
> Also parts of 4_5 which already existed in 4_5 and which were not
> changed in this patch are now introduced in the sources.
>
> In short: how do I backport this change to 4_4?

do it like you started - cherry-pick the issue to 4-4 branch.
Then you have to rework. This has to be manually, the chabges from the
new file has to be moved to their origin place.

Sometimes it's worth to write the patch new from the scratch if the
changes are too much. i also had to do something like this for the
datetimepicker (much smaller change though)

vg Steffen