[TYPO3-v4] [TYPO3-core] FYI: Raised DBAL version to 1.2.0alpha2

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Sep 21 20:07:26 CEST 2010

Hi Ernesto,

>> I hope that prepared queries will get added until 4.5.0 because it's now
>> really a matter of how many queries that are run again and again to
>> generate a page are converted to prepared queries to get DBAL quicker.
>
> Nice Xavier! Would you mind spending some minutes summarizing the change
> in a paragraph in NEWS.txt for the alpha2 release?

Will do after my dinner ;-)

> It only affects installations with DBAL accessing some non-MySQL
> database, right?

No, MySQL database too but only if DBAL is active (of course).

> Wouldn't that also work with a filebackend (available for "free" on
> every installation)? Or would the performance hit on accessing files
> overrun the gain from caching the parsing?

I fear it would have a performance hit, but you are free to use a file
backend instead of memcached if you want. This is why when nothing is
configured, I "fall back" to a TransientMemoryStorage.

> And I think the "performance profiles" will now have a good time
> figuring out which queries are the top candidates to convert to prepared
> queries.

Exactly.

> Thanks a lot for your very reliable work done so far!

You're welcome.

Xavier