[TYPO3-v4] Module menu

Helmut Hummel helmut at typo3.org
Mon Sep 13 09:13:18 CEST 2010

Hi Steffen,

in general this would be a great improvement. It's really a lot faster
since only parts

On 13.09.10 00:55, Steffen Kamper wrote:

> no reactioon yet - i added patch v7 to wiki [1] which does all of the
> refactor. What i need now is help with testing and report possible bugs.
> Would be cool if someone could test it with NE modules using navigation
> frame like DAM, commerce etc.

I tested it without any special extensions, however here my comments.

> Design team knows about the patch, and there will be some change at
> later point, which has nothing to do with the functionality of this patch.

It is nice that the menu is collapsable now, however it does not look as
nice as before for selected modules (Screenshots Border before/after);

On the top of the menu there is a docheader now, which to me looks like
waste of space (Screenshots Top before/after).

Seems like the width is wrongly calculated, since I get a horizontyl
scrollbar at the bottom, although all content would fit. (Screenshot
Bottom before/ after).

The loading overly does not look too nice, but this is really minor and
I guess this could be changed easily.

One bigger problem though. If you change something in the content screen
(like pressing the "up one level" button in filelist module), the
navigation screen is not updated after applying the patch.

That's what I found so far. Other than that, great work, looking forward
to see this in the core.

Regards Helmut