[TYPO3-v4] Use the backend module dispatcher (mod.php) for all core modules?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sat Sep 11 15:36:40 CEST 2010

Hi Helmut,

> I wonder if there is a reason that some (old) backend modules in TYPO3
> core still do not use the module dispatcher but instead are called directly.

I'm all for that. Actually it's something we thought about doing when we
discussed the refactoring of init.php during T3DD10. Part of being able
to refactor that script is doing an inventory of all places where it is
used. A lot of BE modules still include it, which wouldn't be necessary
if they used the dispatcher.

So you've got my full support for that change.

Francois Suter