[TYPO3-v4] What is happening with id 0?

Helmut Hummel helmut at typo3.org
Fri Sep 10 01:18:46 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 09.09.10 23:00, Steffen Kamper wrote:

>> So yes, you cannot use the StringFrontend for the "standard" TYPO3
>> caches, but besides that it works perfectly for other cases. :)
>
> yes, it makes sense. Anyway it's a "valid" configuration, and if it's
> not usable i would expect an exception "StringCache cannot be used for
> storing arrays. Please change your frontend setting." (Ingmar, if you
> have a good wording, please quote it)

OK, then this exception should be thrown when setting up the caches for
TYPO3.

> btw - i got this setting from Christian to test compressed cache, so i
> expected this is a valid config.

Well, then Christian made a mistake when sending you this config, I guess.

> Just a sidenote: i also would expect that the cache is little more
> intelligent. If data !== string, then serialize it, that's what i would do.

No. The VariableFrontend does serializing, the StringFrontend is just
for storing strings and it is usefull like it is. The application (in
this case TYPO3) needs to take care of providing strings if this
frontend is used (or deny using it as discussed above).

Regards Helmut