[TYPO3-v4] PRE-RFC #15638: Make rsaauth checks available to reports module

Marcus Krause marcus#exp2010 at t3sec.info
Sat Sep 4 10:32:51 CEST 2010

Hi!

We have some issues about non working rsaauth extension in bugtracker.
And we have a nice reports module in the backend.
#15638 is about to add (prerequisite) rsaauth checks to the reports
module and such allow users to give more precise feedback in case of
errors/bugs.

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15638

Imho, the already existing patch is not yet perfect. That's why I want
to hear your opinion / get your help on:

* to be able to register the class at the reports module, I needed to
create a *new file* ext_autoload.php in rsaauth; it currently registers
only the reports class; I guess we should make rsaauth completely
autoloader aware at a later stage

* the patch introduces three checks; however, it's not necessary/working
to run them all at once; one will only make sense if one check succeeds
earlier; another if extension is loaded; so at the moment we have some
kind of dynamic checks; should we bother users at all with checks even
if rsaauth is no loaded

* the representation of the simple result of a check (failed/passed),
has a different meaning (ok/warning/error) depending if extension is loaded

* at the moment, all to be shown messages are hardcoded and not localized

Marcus.