[TYPO3-v4] [TYPO3-core] FYI #15601: Change all core PHP files to UTF8 encoding

Marcus Krause marcus at t3sec.info
Fri Sep 3 01:39:36 CEST 2010

Hi!

Stefano Kowalke schrieb am 09/03/2010 12:53 AM Uhr:
> Hey Marcus
>
>> So I wonder which author cannot be encoded in
>> iso-8859-1.
>
> I near every file the name of René Fritz was broken and Kaspars names
> was Skaarhoj, not Skårhøj.

I remember I've seen copyright license notes where his name was
correctly written with umlauts (Skårhøj). But you're right, after having
checked a bunch of core files, I can say there are no umlauts for Kasper.

But check out for example t3lib_div::danish_strtoupper() in 4-4 with an
editor configured in iso-8859-1. Some guys somehow managed to put proper
 umlauts in place! [áéúíâêûôîæøåäöü];-)

Finally, the big surprise at the end; this message is iso-8859-1
encoded! ;-)

Marcus.