[TYPO3-v4] help configuration in 4.5 moved?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Oct 22 11:25:38 CEST 2010

Georg Ringer schrieb am 22.10.2010 09:30:
> Am 22.10.2010 09:21, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
>> I have not seen a real reason for either disabling help completely or
>> for displaying all the help texts all the time. It sounds like "I want
>> it because it was always there".
>
> i always do this with my own user to have a cleaner and (i guess also a
> tiny little bit faster) backend. I really don't need the help thing for
> pages, content element & co.
>
> it is for the same reason as those sysexts at the bottom can now be
> disabled as well (TS help and so on).
>
> Having the help on the title removes the possibility to use labels. This
> would have been a nice option as well

The usability of the tool-tips will be improved and allowing to click on
the label for checking the checkbox (for example) is also amongst the
topics being discussed.

See:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16084
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/10347

I think that as soon as the tooltips are not that intrusive and work as
"expected" (right visual, right timing, right click experience, etc),
the problems you described vanish.

I have to agree with the usability team that tooltips are used by most
desktop applications and I know of none where you can "disable" them.
They just have to work correctly.