[TYPO3-v4] help configuration in 4.5 moved?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Oct 21 11:26:31 CEST 2010

Steffen Gebert schrieb am 21.10.2010 10:40:
> On 21.10.10 10:30, Daniel Doesburg wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm missing the help configuration in the user settings.
>> How can I disable the tooltips all over the screens in the backend?
>
> It makes no sense to make CSH configurable. It has to appear when you
> hover a label - that's why we decided to remove this useless options.

In RFC #15990 it was decided together with the Design Team that we don't
need that option (setup.default.edit_showFieldHelp) anymore. But I
personally also find that option useful.

Currently there is no one (that I know) working on bringing it back, but
I guess if we find enough interested persons, someone might find the
proper solution and propose a patch. I expect that if it works, no one
would be against it, right?

> The only problem is that the current state has to be overworked as it
> was only kind of quick fix on the day before alpha3. We all agree (at
> least I heard of nobody liking it *g*) that the tool tip behavior will
> not stay this way.

The styling and functionality of the CSH popups still have to get some
"love", of course.