[TYPO3-v4] RFC: Visibility keywords throught the Core

Sebastian Fischer sf at marketing-factory.de
Thu Oct 14 08:20:14 CEST 2010

Am 13.10.2010 09:01, schrieb Steffen Ritter:
> Am 12.10.2010 22:27, schrieb Marcus Krause:
>> I'm sure somewhere in the net there's a script/software that collects
>> references/method calls within a project. Such "thing" might help to get
>> a first glance on what needs to be public - if a method is called from
>> within TYPO3 Core it obviously needs to be public. Is there anybody who
>> has seen something like that?
>
> Hey Marcus,
> if you generate Doxygen Configuration, you may enable the
> "call-lookups". Therefore you can walk through the doxygen doku class by
> class and function by function and see, how many external calls there are.
>
> regards
>
> Steffen

Still there is the point, that you cant scan each and every extension.
And you dont know which method is used or not used by now.

I think Steffen Kamper has a good point waiting with making protected
until the release of 4.5.

Then again im still into marking methods as deprecated... Would it be
possible to differ where the method is called and to only log those
calls that are done by non core methods?

Greetings
Sebastian