[TYPO3-v4] Inconsistent naming of JS/CSS file compression option in PAGE TypoScript

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 22:13:54 CEST 2010

Hello folks!

The current documentation says this:

includeJS.[array]
.compressed - boolean flag. This will be used by external compressors to
see if the file is already compressed.

In the tslib_fe and PageRenderer classes this is used the other way
round. The option there is called 'compress' and is used to determine IF
a file SHOULD be compressed.

Is this a bug or is there a reason for this?

I think it's better to use 'compressed', and SKIP files if it is set to
1, because otherwise someone would need to add "compress = 1" to nearly
every JS file which gets included - because I suppose miost JS files to
be uncompressed for the purpose of maintainability.

Btw. I'm referring to the FE while speaking of this.

Thanks for feedback,
Thomas