[TYPO3-v4] CSS styled content for HTML 5 (Draft attached)

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 00:25:54 CEST 2010

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> 10.stdWrap {
> 	wrap.cObject = TAG
> 	wrap.cObject {
> 		tag = div
> 		attribute.class = csc-textpicHeader csc-textpicHeader-{field:imageorient}
> 		attribute.class.insertData = 1
> 		content = |
> 	}
> }
>
> Having that in place, we could have a central configuration option for
> the "TAG" cObject, for example for specifying XHTML conformity or for
> filtering certain css-classes or disabling them completely. Maybe even
> providing global alternatives for HTML5 tags.
>
> That way we could ship a single styled HTML5 with CSS classes based
> css_styled_content setup.txt (fully blown) and some central switches to
> customize the output.

Looks useful - not sure if it solves the HTML 5/CSC topic efficiently.
(Not saying your idea is bullshit, no - it's quite interesting.)

We should maybe really think about providing those features (HTML 5
compatibility/addition and CSS styled content) within a separate
extension which could be updateable independently of the general major
version feature freeze, specially for 4.5. (Georg Ringer's suggestion)

But, could you please provide a tiny example of what you mean,
especially refering to "central configuration option for the "TAG"
cObject"? Would be great! (Or a more detailed explanation.)

Thanks,
Thomas