[TYPO3-v4] Minutes from the 12th Skype meeting of the release 4.5 team

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Oct 7 22:24:34 CEST 2010

Am 07.10.2010 21:14, Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer schrieb:
> Fabien Udriot wrote:
>> It is good work in progress. However, some features are missing IMO,
>> like search engine within the API, direct link to Classes. I will need
>> to dig into it.
>
> Really cool!
>
> ExtJS has a well designed API documentation browser there also:
> http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/dev/docs/

That's the mentioned "ext-doc" generated API. We will have that kind of
API at least for the JavaScript part of our code, as soon as we
(=Steffen) starts adding js-doc to our codebase.

Our "API-doc-guys" will surely figure out what best fit our needs. I
must confess I like the current DoxyGen generated code, its very nice
search and also the presentation. Only add some "TYPO3-styles" and we
are done, in my opinion. And then keep the JS-docs separated using
ext-doc also with some styling.

For me, the most important thing is

- easy to keep up-to-date on new releases.
- have it on a "permanent" starting URL like api.typo3.org.

Then later there are some other "nice to haves":

- an archive of older release's API.
- perma-links to all API methods, like
http://api.typo3.org/typo3v4/t3lib/t3lib_div::sysLog

We could then start adding links to the API from within our documentation.