[TYPO3-v4] CSS styled content for HTML 5 (Draft attached)

Susanne Moog info at susannemoog.de
Thu Oct 7 13:29:22 CEST 2010

Hey,

I haven't had time yet to have a closer look to your modifications but
wanted to say some general things.

First of all: Thanks for sharing your proposal, it's good to see someone
already taking some steps to get the frontend HTML5 compliant.

I also think it would be a great idea to have a naked css styled content
and a html5 one, but I have one fear: With providing all those different
templates CSS styled content will soon have 10 or more static templates
that could be included, this would be a maintaining nightmare and also
looks confusing (or at least not nice) in the selector for the
templates. So if anybody has an idea on how to implement the different
requirements without using single templates, that would be really cool.

To cite Thomas:

"HTML Version: "4|5", defines which HTML tags/attributes to use.
 XHTML Option: "true|false", mainly handles how to close tags.
 CSS Option: "true|false", handles CSS class population."

which would result - if I understood correctly - in

HTML 4 + CSS
HTML 5 + CSS
XHTML 4 + CSS
(XHTML 5 + CSS)
HTML 4 + noCSS
HTML 5 + noCSS
XHTML 4 + noCSS
(XHTML 5 + noCSS)

and then in some future version:
HTML 4 + CSS - 4.5
HTML 5 + CSS - 4.5
XHTML 4 + CSS - 4.5
(XHTML 5 + CSS) - 4.5
HTML 4 + noCSS - 4.5
HTML 5 + noCSS - 4.5
XHTML 4 + noCSS - 4.5
(XHTML 5 + noCSS) - 4.5
HTML 4 + CSS - 4.6
HTML 5 + CSS - 4.6
XHTML 4 + CSS - 4.6
(XHTML 5 + CSS) - 4.6
HTML 4 + noCSS - 4.6
HTML 5 + noCSS - 4.6
XHTML 4 + noCSS - 4.6
(XHTML 5 + noCSS) - 4.6
HTML 4 + CSS
HTML 5 + CSS
XHTML 4 + CSS
(XHTML 5 + CSS)
HTML 4 + noCSS
HTML 5 + noCSS
XHTML 4 + noCSS
(XHTML 5 + noCSS)

^^ that's what I'm trying to prevent ;=)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts,

Susanne