[TYPO3-v4] CSS styled content for HTML 5 (Draft attached)

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 01:18:33 CEST 2010

Good evening folks!

For preparing a HTML 5 compatible TYPO3 template I had the opportunity
to dig more into the extension "CSS styled content" which I had tried to
avoid for several reasons until now (mostly because of it's complexity).

Although it's not yet finished I wanted to share the modifications with
you. Maybe someone can use it as a base for his/her own HTML 5 basic
settings.

What does it do?

It redefines some wrappers to use new HTML 5 tags like header, figure,
figcaption and section. It also generates a more compact HTML markup
with removing some (imho) useless wrappers, while preserving those
specific declarations/definitions as class attribute values.

I've attached an example output to show you how the output may look
like. The best thing about it is, that every content element gets its
own class name with no extra wrappers. Even plugins get their own class
name. A complete content element wrapper for a plugin may look like this:

<section id="c123" class="csc-default csc-plugin
csc-plugin-indexed_search">...</section>

Also frames get included as separate class names:
<section id="c123" class="csc-default csc-content csc-frame
csc-frame-1">...</section>

(For your interest: "csc-content" is the equivalent to "csc-plugin".)

Feedback is appreciated!

Regards,
Thomas