[TYPO3-v4] tcaTree in current trunk

Ernesto Baschny ernesto at typo3.org
Sat Nov 27 11:27:53 CET 2010

Hi Steffen,

thanks for sharing your concerns!

TCA tree is a new and very cool feature and the basic working of it was
already approved by RFCs. Thank you for keep on working on that!

I expect that not many people currently able to test your changes yet,
due to a lack of documentation (and time).

So I would propose a phase of FYI allowance (direct commits, but going
through bug tracker + core-list) for you during the next phase (until
RC1). This would include only these files, which are completely new and
might also be post-reviewed as a whole at the end of your efforts:

- t3lib/tceforms/class.t3lib_tceforms_tree.php
- t3lib/tree/tca/*

But please still keep the topics as separate as possible in the bug
tracker and as separate SVN changesets. This eases the work of
understanding why certain lines of code were changed during time.

If before the RC1 preparation the release team together with you think
it is not stable yet, we can consider moving it to 4.6 branch. For this
decision it is very important for us to have a finished documentation
[1] about that feature, with examples, potential pitfalls and limitations.

If we keep it, and after the 4.5.0 release, we continue working on that
area on a normal RFC basis.

[1] http://wiki.typo3.org/wiki/Pending_Documentation#doc_core_api_.284.5.29

--
Ernesto Baschny