[TYPO3-v4] Supersearch working for anyone?

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sat Nov 20 17:14:39 CET 2010

Hi,

>>> Sounds like you have "dbal" installed... ;-)
>
> Indeed "dbal" was installed. This is extremely weird as I'm certain I
> didn't have "dbal" on that system. There must have been a point where
> "dbal" installed itself automatically...

In fact, when using 1-2-3 have having drivers for other DBMS than MySQL,
DBAL activates itself automatically to dynamically change install
process and show you a list of available drivers (possibly changing the
connection settings for the chosen DBMS). But the point is that it
deactivates again itself if you choose MySQL as it is not needed then.

Seems like changes in Install Tool in 4.5beta1 made this not work
anymore. Will have to investigate.

Xavier