[TYPO3-v4] Harmonizing severity levels

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Nov 9 11:31:37 CET 2010

François Suter schrieb am 08.11.2010 20:34:
> Hi all,
>
>> I've started working on the "devlog" extension again. One thing I meant
>> to do was to harmonize the severity levels with those used in
>> FlashMessages, but this is far from trivial as those levels don't
>> correspond at all. See the devlog's bugtracker entry for an overview:
>>
>> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/10638
>>
>> I would quite like to have your opinion on the issue. Do you think it's
>> worth the effort? What should be done exactly? It's of course possible
>> to adjust all t3lib_div::devLog calls in the Core, but what about
>> extensions?
>
> Thanks to all for the feedback. All in all it's quite a big task and I
> don't have the time to tackle it before feature freeze for 4.5. If
> anyone feels like making a rush for it, I'm willing to participate in
> the analysis of the requirements (because we must try to think it well
> this time) and review of the stuff, but I have no time to code it.
> Otherwise I may pick up the topic again for 4.6.

I think this could be a clear project for 4.6. Having a team or a group
of people brainstorming over it is for sure a nice thing.

So as soon as the "time reaches", we should set up a project
"typo3v4-logging" (or something) which creates a new API for logging. I
would say we should only create the project when people have time to
work on it, and not before. Let's keep it in mind for the start of 2011.

Else some random volunteer could of course try to tackle the issue
before that, I would also be available for comments and reviews.