[TYPO3-v4] Harmonizing severity levels

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Nov 8 20:34:09 CET 2010

Hi all,

> I've started working on the "devlog" extension again. One thing I meant
> to do was to harmonize the severity levels with those used in
> FlashMessages, but this is far from trivial as those levels don't
> correspond at all. See the devlog's bugtracker entry for an overview:
>
> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/10638
>
> I would quite like to have your opinion on the issue. Do you think it's
> worth the effort? What should be done exactly? It's of course possible
> to adjust all t3lib_div::devLog calls in the Core, but what about
> extensions?

Thanks to all for the feedback. All in all it's quite a big task and I
don't have the time to tackle it before feature freeze for 4.5. If
anyone feels like making a rush for it, I'm willing to participate in
the analysis of the requirements (because we must try to think it well
this time) and review of the stuff, but I have no time to code it.
Otherwise I may pick up the topic again for 4.6.

Francois Suter