[TYPO3-v4] New Default Configuration Options for 4.4

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat May 8 13:41:08 CEST 2010

Benjamin Mack wrote:
>  * UTF-8 database by default (setting setDBinit, forceCharset)

Which settings for setDBinit do you propose? I see a lot of variations
in use and some of them are at least questionable.

I personally like to set up the database with charset utf8 and collation
utf8_general_ci (which is the default collation for utf8).
For setDBinit I don't need anything more than:
	SET NAMES utf8;

Is there a consensus in the community about this?

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert
msn: jigal at xs4all.nl