[TYPO3-v4] New Default Configuration Options for 4.4

Helmut Hummel helmut at typo3.org
Fri May 7 18:48:34 CEST 2010

Hi Benni,

On 06.05.10 17:30, Benjamin Mack wrote:

> I am currently refining the installer and am thinking of having these
> new default options for new (!) installations in TYPO3 4.4:
>
>  * checking for mbstring, if available, set this as default csConv option
>  * UTF-8 database by default (setting setDBinit, forceCharset)
>  * GDlib2 instead of GDlib1 by default (maybe remove GDlib1 support
> completely anyways, or set it to deprecated)
>  * TTFdpi set to 96 by default

I like this suggestion very much.

I would also suggest to turn the deprecation log off by default, since
from my understanding the default settings should reflect the needs for
a production environment and this thing slows TYPO3 down significantly.

(I have seen quite some prodiction sites with this option enabled.)

Regards Helmut