[TYPO3-v4] Announcing TYPO3 4.4.0beta2

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Mon May 3 23:27:30 CEST 2010

Am 03.05.2010, 23:15 Uhr, schrieb Daniel Doesburg | Doesburg.biz
<daniel at typo3-nl.eu>:

> What did I do wrong?
>
> I've downloaded and untared the T3440b2 package
> typo3_src-4.4.0beta2.tar.gz
> I flushed all caches I knew and all files and directories I could find.
> I used the update from the install.
> And now I get this: http://test.doesburg.biz/t3440b2.png
>
> What do I have to do to get a nice backend?
Do you have $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['compressionLevel'] set?
This value is now also used for compression of CSS/JS, which requires the
following entries in .htaccess (as stated in NEWS.txt):

> <FilesMatch "\.js\.gzip$">
>   AddType "text/javascript" .gzip
> </FilesMatch>
> <FilesMatch "\.css\.gzip$">
>   AddType "text/css" .gzip
> </FilesMatch>
> AddEncoding gzip .gzip

Please give me feedback, if this solves the issue for you. If not, please
post the some filenames of the CSS files, which are referenced in the HTML
code (and maybe try if you can access those directly).

Steffen