[TYPO3-v4] New Sprite API question

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Mon May 3 18:43:54 CEST 2010

Am 03.05.2010 18:04, schrieb Francois Suter:
> Hi all,
>
> I must admit I a bit lost with the Sprite icons API, as there was so
> much action these last few days.
Yes there has been much progress in the last days.

> I know it's in the core now, but how
> much is it used?
it's not used at all by know

> Is their replacement planned for later or have I missed something entirely?

Yes it's planned for 4.4. But there has to be some fixes in the
Stylesheets of the Sprites, and the current patch for replacing the
icons maximum replaces 30-40% of all Backend-Icons. There has to be some
more work.

And furthermore, since there are not sprites for all-Icons in core by
now, no sprites for extensions, and so on, we have to introduce some
sprite-generating-api which at least creates stylesheets that include
the icons all as single icons, so that they will be shown with sprite
api, too.

This iconManager aims to be the API for doing so, currently just
implementing the above mentioned functionality, but with an interface to
provide real sprite-generators with 4.5

reagrds

Steffen