[TYPO3-v4] spriteGeneratorApi / Api to make Icons usable for SpriteApi

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Sun May 2 22:39:33 CEST 2010

Am Sun, 02 May 2010 21:14:45 +0200 schrieb Steffen Ritter:

[...]

> I'm looking forward for your comments. I hope my last 4 hours working on
> this concept have not been superfluous...

to be honest I don't get the functioning from your description and was
too lazy to have a look at any code. but my idea of solving this problem
would be:
have a little DIV with the icon-pic of the record as CSS-background and
insert a (partly) transparent (gif/png) as the modifier-icon into this
DIV.

this would solve these points:
+ no pic calculation (at displaying) at all
+ no conditions about existence of any pic (assuming that the default
questionmark is generated at least at installation)
+ less HD-space as there is only a minimum need of pics (one background-
icon for each record and all modifiers once)
+ easy change of skin, as each skin can define/ include their own
modifiers
+ propably faster as these icons and modifier-icons can be cached easier
by a browser than lots of icon-pics. (at least not much slower)

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html