[TYPO3-v4] Virtual TCA fields

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Mar 29 21:47:25 CEST 2010

Hi,

> for a user field you don't need a corresponding SQL field - at least you
> don't get any error.

Interesting, I didn't know this. That's useful, although I wonder
whether it is a feature or a bug. If we knew I could add a note to the
documentation about that...

> My idea was that you don't need a function for calculating the value,
> like some formating
>
> 'type' => 'display',
> 'displayValue' => date(###FIELD_crdate###,'d/m/Y')
>
> just as dummy example

I see. It could be useful. However I'm afraid that it could grow out of
proportions with all the different needs that might arise.

Francois Suter