[TYPO3-v4] Continuous Integration

Stefano Kowalke blueduck at gmx.net
Fri Mar 19 13:49:44 CET 2010

Am 19.03.10 12:37, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:
> Hudson is in Java. I heard that there are PHP solutions for this (come
> from the same source as phpUnit).

Mhh, I didn't found a CI server written in PHP. (OK, I am searched not
for) At the manual page from PHPUnit they mentioned phpUnderControl [1]
which is an extension for CruiseControl. CruiseControl is also written
in Java.

I tried phpUnderControl but I gave up after an couple of days pain in
the ass and moved to hudson. It works like a charm.

For me phpUnderControl looks not ready now and the configuration is
annoying. Hudson provides an websurface for this.

Another topic is the memory consumption of PHP while parsing the TYPO3
Core e.g. phpDocumentor eats up to 2GB (before crashs with an "not
enough memory" message) and needs over 10 minutes. Doxygen needs 2
minutes for the core and not more than 200 MB.

So I prefer all other languages like C, C++ or Java for such an topic.

[1] http://www.phpundercontrol.org/about.html