[TYPO3-v4] Continuous Integration

Stefano Kowalke blueduck at gmx.net
Fri Mar 19 11:44:49 CET 2010

My first post on the new list is about Continuous Integration.

After I made a few thoughts about unit testing and how we could find
violations against the CGL and get rid of them, I came to the
conclusion, that both topics doesn´t make sense without Continuous
Integration.
So I setup an local Hudson [1] CI server which checks the source out,
generate an API documentation with doxygen [2] (like the offical one),
checks for violations against the CGL using phpCodeSniffer [3] and last
but not least run the core unittest through the T3CLIdispatcher and
phpunit extension.

I think this could be the base to have magic tools for formatting the
code like changing lowercase booleans into uppercase or add whitespaces.
All the boring stuff you get tired if you do this manually.

What are your opinions to this topic?
Could we setup an CI Server for version 4?

Sunny regards
Stefano