[TYPO3-v4] REST API to CORE Functions

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sat Mar 13 18:56:39 CET 2010

Hi,

we already have a ExtDirect API since 4.4. The mechanism is to include a
script like this:
<script
src="typo3/ajax.php?ajaxID=ExtDirect::getAPI&amp;namespace=TYPO3.EM"
type="text/javascript"></script>

It only works with valid BE_USER, but we could define some actions which
don't need auth, there are some defined in ajax.php:
$noUserAjaxIDs = array(
	'BackendLogin::login',
	'BackendLogin::logout',
	'BackendLogin::refreshLogin',
	'BackendLogin::isTimedOut',
	'BackendLogin::getChallenge',
);

As soap needs the WSDL, REST could have a simular mechanism.
init.php also verify if the action can be done without auth (not
optimal, i agree rewrite the init).

Anyway i'm interested which actions you have in mind getting from an
installation, i have some ideas like
getTYPO3Version()
getInstalledExtensions()
getContentFromPage()