[TYPO3-v4] What to do with $TYPO3_USER_SETTINGS?

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Mar 12 17:20:37 CET 2010

Hi,

> sounds reasonable to me :)
> But, what "other" Be-Form do you espect?

Well, there are lots of other forms in the BE which are not driven by
TCEforms. For example I looked at $TYPO3_USER_SETTINGS when I started
working on the Scheduler, but it proved to be not flexible enough for my
needs.

What I wonder about is if this could be improved with the impending
refactoring of TCEforms. It would be great if one could define "dummy"
TCA (i.e. not related to an existing table) and use that to drive the
rendering of a given form (with a custom saving process upon submissions).

Francois Suter