[TYPO3-v4] New Default Configuration Options for 4.4

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 30 12:05:11 CEST 2010

Marc Bastian Heinrichs wrote:
> I've heard something else - must be a swiss knife for all utf8 problems.
> Joking apart - Sebastian Fuchs and me want to show our current state of
> an evaluation and converting extension. Perhaps this could be an
> approach for handling the migration.

I'm really curious about the detection mechanism.

Over the years I've found latin-1 tables with utf-8 encoded and with
normal latin-1 encoded data. I have a stand-alone script which can
handle both situations with a little adjustment, but I haven't found a
way to detect the correct situation.

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert