[TYPO3-v4] New Default Configuration Options for 4.4

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Jun 26 06:46:02 CEST 2010

Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
> Having the setting in the dummy file would be a good idea and would only
> affect new installations. This could IMHO be done even in between
> releases, so could be done for 4.4.1 for example.

And work on an Update Wizard script to detect the (almost certainly)
correct settings and make the changes for the admin (if (s)he wants to)
is almost finished.

I understood that on T3DD code will be presented to do database
charset/collation conversions (something like my standalone script? [1]).

The Update Wizard could become an easy tool to get the "correct"
configuration in existing installations!

[1] http://www.xs4all.nl/~dcbjht/typo3/db_utf8_fix.zip

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert