[TYPO3-v4] New Default Configuration Options for 4.4

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Sat Jun 26 00:23:57 CEST 2010

Am Thu, 24 Jun 2010 23:42:05 +0200 schrieb Benjamin Mack:

> Hey,
>
> On 21.06.10 00:56, bernd wilke wrote:
>> what has become of this?
> Yup. here's what happened. Lars and I were working on this, but we
> couldn't find a way to easily detect a new installation vs. an updated
> installation vs. an updated and modified installation in a *safe* way
> without loosing speed on every issue for additional checks etc.

hm, just an idea (supporting most new installations?):
store settings in localconf.php of dummy-package

updates won't use files from (new) dummy-package.
dummy-package is used (only?) for new installations.

Everyone building his own 'initial localconf.php' for new installations
has already included the values by his own needs.

> As time flew by and we fixed some more issues regarding other features,
> this one was "silently dropped", but it's on the (early) agenda for 4.5.
> Also, I heard that some devs have a cool extension to safely migrate all
> DBs to UTF-8, which they present at the devdays. This would surely be
> something I'd like to have in 4.5 :)

as Dmitry said:
nice to have for a simpler and quicker (because unified) DB-handling.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html