[TYPO3-v4] 4.4 skin: EM load / unload icons

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 11 11:15:00 CEST 2010

Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> Of course but there's a major difference between a "-" sign alone or on
> a red disk background ;-)
>
> (-) aka minus-on-red-disk means hidden, forbidden, etc.
> -   aka minus alone usually means "remove"

Most of the time a garbage can is used for remove/delete, but:

- in file/record lists a button with an 'x' is used for the delete action
- in the docheader a button with an 'x' is used for close
- in the docheader a floppy disk with an 'x' button overlay is used for
save-and-close
- in Web > Access a red disc with a white 'x' means "Access denied" (it
says so in the legend)
- in the clipboard the button with 'x' is used for "remove" or "clear"

I couldn't find an overlay icon for a remove/delete action...

It would be soooo much easier if the concept was documented a bit
somewhere (even a quickly made wiki page would help a lot!)

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert
msn: jigal at xs4all.nl