[TYPO3-v4] 4.4 skin: EM load / unload icons

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 11 10:07:53 CEST 2010

Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> Yes. Just see the icon that is shown to import an new extension in EM.
> It uses this "package" icon with an arrow to the left. Why not have a
> similar concept once the extension is available in system? That is, with
> +/- overlays? I don't get the point here.

The "problem" with the current icons in the EM that the '-' overlay (red
circle with white bar) attracts all attention. The green brick is not
very 'visible' compared to the red '-' overlay.

The green and grey bricks try to convey the install status of the
extension, but the colours are too similar.

The total result is that it seems like the '-' overlay tries to tell the
status (hidden, no access, ...) and does not show the action. The fact
that the '-' overlay is used for both 'hidden' status and 'delete'
actions makes it even more confusing. (See also my long rant earlier in
this thread)

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert